|Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do – and that’s more than some cliche people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people – with interests, families, friends, dreams and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
In this newly created department, you’ll provide personalized customer service of the highest level, empowered to serve our customers through a variety of means. Along with that, you’ll be developing a career at a company that invests in its people.
Working with a team of world-class customer care professionals, you will help your clients with the support they need. The communication tools you’ll have at your fingers will include channels such as inbound calls, outbound calls, click-to-chat, and secure messaging.
- Help others: life can be frustrating. You’ll have the opportunity to make the lives of others a bit less bumpy.
- Develop your skills: Ally is all about development. We’ll make sure your career keeps growing.
The Work Itself
- Deliver a world-class experience for Ally’s customers during every interaction.
- Provide personalized customer service of the highest level by establishing rapport and presenting a positive, friendly attitude.
- Serve our customers through the channel of their preference, such as inbound calls, outbound calls, click-to-chat, and secure messaging.
The Skills You Bring
We’re all about teaching – the longer you work with us, the longer your list of skills is going to get. That said, there are a few particular skills that will help you get off to a quicker start:
- A dedication to delivering exceptional customer service – you are a helper.
- People-focused: committed to teamwork, resolving issues efficiently, and developing long-term relationships.
- You bring a strong work ethic and sense of urgency to complete objectives.
- Prior experience in customer service, financial services or similar industry preferred.
- Some knowledge a consumer banking, preferably servicing checking, debit card, savings, CD, IRA, and trust accounts.
- High School diploma or equivalent required – Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business-related field preferred.
- 1-2 yrs. experience in customer service or call center environment
For Remote work (temporary until we re-enter our facilities in 2021)
- Independent worker with strong time-management skills
- Maintain a quiet workplace so you can focus on delivering excellent service to our customers
- Live in a location that uses an existing high-speed internet service
- You can test your speeds at speedtest.net
- Minimum download speed 10 MB/s, preferred download speed 25 MB/s
- 9 weeks, Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Possible work shifts following the completion of 9 week training session:
How We’ll Have Your Back
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation — or total rewards — extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on “Doing it Right” and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.