Job Opportunity: New York Civil Liberties Union Foundation: Senior Staff AttorneyAugust 1, 2019
Job Opportunity: Death Wish Coffee Co | Customer Relations ManagerAugust 8, 2019
Position Title: Account Clerk
The New York Association on Independent Living (NYAIL) is seeking an Account Clerk to support the Rapid Transition Housing Program (RTH). The RTH Program is funded by the NYS Department of Health and designed to provide rental subsidies and supportive housing services to high-cost, high-need Medicaid members in New York State.
NYAIL is a state-wide, non-profit organization, working with Independent Living Centers across the State to eliminate physical, communications, attitudinal, and other barriers for people with disabilities. NYAIL members are Independent Living Centers (ILCs), consumer controlled, cross- disability providers of advocacy, services and supports to people with disabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Account Clerk will be responsible for assisting in managing rental subsidy and community transition service (CTS) payments and other agency financial functions as needed, including grant-related accounts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review invoices and reimbursement forms for appropriate documentation to ensure timely payments for the Rapid Transition Housing (RTH) program.
- Prepare vouchers for payment ensuring all documentation is complete with approval signatures.
- Follow agency procedures/processes for establishing new vendors.
- Maintain vendor files ensuring all required information is complete and accurate (i.e. Address, W-9).
- Enter necessary data into RTH program database on a timely basis.
- Create accurate and timely RTH monthly reports, invoices and reconciliations of rental subsidies and CTS payments.
- Act as a liaison with vendors and subcontractors regarding the RTH Program.
- Perform monthly reconciliations, accruals and processes.
- Answer vendor and program inquires in a timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer service while managing difficult situations.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitoring work to ensure quality and productivity standards.
- Participates as a team member for Finance, and assists programs as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work-related information.
- Assist with Agency accounts payable and receivable
- Assist with generating grant-related financial reports as needed
- Assist in preparation for the annual agency audit
- Financial and programmatic record keeping
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Other duties as specified
- Workplace fiscal experience, preferably within a non-profit organization
- Fluency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience managing databases / data systems
- Detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with public speaking to small groups
- Experience with the concepts of IL, consumer control, and equal rights for persons with disabilities preferred
- Associates degree in accounting/finance, or equivalent experience preferred
- Preference will be given to individuals with personal experience with a disability
Salary and Benefits:
NYAIL offers a generous benefit package and competitive salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Account Clerk” and your last name in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.