Jobs Ability October 2023 StatisticsNovember 8, 2023
Job Opportunity: Chief Technology Office | Innovation and Engineering Services, Web PlatformNovember 27, 2023
Hudson Crossing Park Executive Director Job Description
Hudson Crossing Park is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation with a mission to tie environmental responsibility to economic revitalization, and to engage people of all ages in making informed choices for a sustainable future. Centered on Champlain Canal Lock C5 Island just north of the Village of Schuylerville, New York, Hudson Crossing Park is non-sectarian and does not discriminate against persons of any race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, or those with disabilities, respecting the dignity and worth of all individuals.
- Together with the Board of Directors develop and execute short- and long-term strategies, including a multi-year strategic plan, to accomplish Hudson Crossing Park’s mission.
- Represent the organization externally and identify opportunities to grow and expand Hudson Crossing Park’s impact by collaborating with existing and new strategic partners.
- Implement, manage, and continue to grow the organization’s core programs, with particular emphasis on educational programming and events for all ages throughout the year.
- Keep abreast of developments in related areas of importance to the Park’s mission and share relevant information with the appropriate parties, including the Hudson Crossing Park Board and community partners.
- Cultivate and oversee an effective fundraising strategy and team to maintain and grow the organization’s facilities, programs, and staffing.
- Inspire and expand the organization’s donor base and strategic funding partnerships.
- Write and administer grants.
Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
- Maintain and expand effective partnerships with municipal, state, and federal agencies, as well as community, canal, and conservation organizations.
- Work with the Board to identify, build, and maintain personal relationships with donors, grantors, partners, and community stakeholders.
Communications and Events
- Oversee the dissemination of Hudson Crossing Park’s mission, values, achievements, and goals through various forms of media to increase local and regional awareness about the organization.
- Manage the conception and execution of cultural events and programs to highlight Hudson Crossing Park’s mission and facilities as well as local resources to a diverse community.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop strategies and initiatives to expand the Park’s current scope
Management and Operations
- Prepare the annual operating budget and direct and monitor the expenditure of funds while working with the Board of Directors to ensure compliance with budget, consistency, and conformance with established goals and objectives.
- Engage and support the Board of Directors and advisory committees in fulfillment of their responsibilities, guidance, and oversight.
- Hire, supervise, and train staff and contract employees as necessary while nurturing a collaborative work environment.
- Recruit, train, and provide support to volunteers of all ages and abilities in carrying out plans authorized by the board, including ongoing and signature programs, facilities maintenance, events, and other related tasks as necessary.
- Direct the day-to-day operation of the park, its programs, events, and volunteers while ensuring that existing park facilities are properly and safely maintained.
- Make regular reports to the Hudson Crossing Park Board.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Demonstrate strong personal interest in, knowledge of, and passion for the protection of the environment, local and regional history, and community outreach and revitalization.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ management experience, with a preference for experience working in a small non-profit organization.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively in public and small professional settings, as well as with a range of diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative and productive relationships with a broad group of constituents including volunteers, community groups, boards, officials, donors, and the public.
- Demonstrated success in setting goals and executing objectives, with the ability to prioritize, delegate responsibilities, and work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Demonstrated success or ability to secure funding through grants and donations.
- Ability to understand, manage, and plan the financial aspects of a small non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge and experience with environmental conservation, education, and community outreach activities
- Experience with managing and submitting grant applications
- Experience working closely with a Board of Directors
- Salary range $50,000 – $65,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Office in Schuylerville, New York
Please submit resume to: info@HudsonCrossingPark.org, attn: Search Committee.
Applications will be accepted through January 15, 2024 or until position has been filled.