Job Opportunity – EsuranceAugust 31, 2018
Job Opportunity – ARC Document Solutions – Business Development Rep.-FacilitiesSeptember 14, 2018
Job Title: Project Assistant (New York – District II)
Company Name: The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Location: Albany, New York, United States, 12201
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women’s health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking a Project Assistant (New York – District II) to assist in carrying out the deliverables of the Safe Motherhood Initiative. The Safe Motherhood Initiative aims to educate providers and obstetric hospitals across New York State about the leading causes of maternal mortality and how to implement quality improvement changes to affect the stark maternal mortality rates and racial disparities that exist. This positions is 100% grant-funded.
- Assist ACOG District II in meeting key deliverables of the Safe Motherhood Inititaitive
- Planning and execution of a statewide best practices summit on maternal mortality, a statewide Safe Motherhood Initiative convening of hospitals, the development of subsequent clinical education (“bundles”) related to maternal mortality
- Creates public awareness materials, in collaboration with state partners, to address racial disparities in maternal care
- Assist in the development of a plan to offer implementation and technical assistance to ob-gyn teams to improve the assessment and management of obstetric hemorrhage, one of the leading causes of maternal death
- Help to develop a toolkit at the end of the project that may be utilized by other hospitals across the state conducting site visits
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in relevant field is required; Masters preferred
- One to two years of relevant experience is required.
- Knowledge of maternal-child health issues; prior experience working with a clinical population, including physicians, within a public health sphere is advantageous; excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to work independently are essential to this position
- Minimal travel may be required
Home to more than 58,000 women’s health care professionals, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization leading advancements in women’s health. When you become part of the ACOG team, you’re part of an organization that values communicating evidence-based, peer-reviewed information about women’s health to members and the general public. ACOG supports its members by maintaining authoritative clinical guidance, providing continuing medical education resources, patient education materials and more. Together with our members, we are working to transform the future of women’s health by delivering a compelling member experience, supporting the ob-gyn profession, and advocating for improved women’s health.
Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Work/Life Design (i.e. flexible work schedule) – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Health Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.
Apply here: http://www.Click2apply.net/zsgy4vyzjhyy3b7s