Job Opportunity: Recruiting and Integration Manager | Dorsey & WhitneyDecember 31, 2020
Job Opportunity: Independent Living Specialist/Advocate | Southern AdirondackJanuary 5, 2021
Job #3308 – Denver
Dorsey & Whitney is a trusted legal advisor and valued business partner with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia. We are a premier legal counselor to companies worldwide in a wide range of industries, including banking & financial institutions; development & infrastructure; energy & natural resources; food, beverage & agribusiness; healthcare; and technology.
We are seeking a Patent Specialist in our Denver office. As a valued team member, you will provide U.S. patent prosecution support to attorneys in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn with at least 1 year of patent prosecution experience. Do you deftly handle multiple tasks? Are you a good communicator with a focus on excellent customer service? Do you thrive in a dynamic office environment? If so, then we would appreciate hearing from you.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in drafting correspondence to clients regarding status of applications and patents, including reporting of filing receipts for applications, publication notices, and forwarding patent certificates.
- Review and manage files, understand docket, deadlines, and action needed on each file.
- Communicate with appropriate attorneys and team members regarding deadlines and action items.
- Prepare and file, with the USPTO, various routine formal application documents, e.g. General Authorization, Power of attorney.
- Review for accuracy and report routine USPTO communications, e.g., Filing Receipt, Assignment Recordations, other formality items.
- Assist with new portfolio intakes and transfers.
- Assist with patent due diligence projects.
- Review issued patents for errors, determine expiration dates of patents, prepare certificates of correction, if necessary.
- Prepare declarations and assignment documents.
- Work with attorneys and paralegals on the preparation and filing of information disclosure statements.
- Navigate the USPTO PAIR system to obtain application status updates and download documents.
- Assist senior paralegals with projects on an as-needed basis.
- May perform other duties as requested.
What we’re looking for:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- At least 1 year of patent prosecution experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficient knowledge and usage of document management systems (e.g. NetDocuments).
- Familiar with USPTO procedures, rules and requirements.
- Ability to effectively utilize IP docketing software (Foundation IP), USPTO online resources (PAIR, EFS-Web, EPAS) and other patent-related websites.
- Ability to independently and efficiently prioritize workflow, and maintain an organized task schedule.
- Ability to manage high volume and efficiently prioritize competing demands.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal Certificate, or equivalent
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive workplace. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an EEO/AAP/Disabled Vets Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
How to Apply:
Dorsey & Whitney LLP accepts online applications. Please go to the “Careers” section of the Dorsey website at www.dorsey.com/staffjobs and complete Dorsey’s online application form. We do not accept application materials by mail or email except as a reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled applicants. Individuals who are unable to use our online process due to a disability should call 612-492-5178.
Dorsey offers a competitive pay and benefits package including health care plans, a generous paid time off policy, paid holidays, retirement savings plan, profit sharing contribution, and more.
The pay range for this position in Colorado only is $18.10 to $27.16 per hour.
Please note that Dorsey is not currently accepting search firm submissions in connection with this opening.