TITLE: INFORMATION SPECIALIST PART TIME 25 HOURS PER WEEK
DEPARTMENT: FAMILY ADVOCACY
SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR OF FAMILY ADVOCACY
FUNCTION: Provides information regarding Starbridge and community resources.
Information and Referral
- Responds to telephone inquiries about available services.
- Gathers information from callers, including information on consumer needs, program eligibility and demographics.
- Collects required paperwork (NOD, Eligibility) for IPAN Program.
- Enters customer information into database.
- Maintains and distributes welcome packets.
- Maintains monthly, quarterly and annual statistics on program activity.
- Refers consumers to appropriate resources, both internally and externally.
- Solicits consumer feedback.
- Participates in program planning, including development and evaluation of program objectives.
- Adheres to Starbridge organizational values.
- Develops and implements a professional development plan, including continuous improvement in cultural competencies.
- Maintains knowledge of current activities and philosophies in the field.
- Abides by Code of Conduct, which incorporates the corporate compliance section.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Special Education, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with individuals/families with disabilities.
- Experience as a parent/caregiver of a child with disabilities and/or health/mental health needs – specifically, experience advocating for that child’s educational, health, and other needs preferred.
- Experience in call center environment preferred.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including one evening per week and one Saturday per month.
- Working knowledge of school and community systems and resources for young and adult children with disabilities and their families.
- Experience with, or willingness to learn and utilize, on-line training tools, such as webinars, distance learning and on-line learning portals.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of cultures.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to effectively use technology required for the position, including Microsoft Office.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Job is performed in a typical office environment.
Starbridge is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that best reflects the communities we serve. Our goal is to attract the best talent from a diverse cultural and experiential background. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals who would like to request an accommodation when applying for a position, please email Marilyn Kraitsik, Workforce Development Specialist/HR at email@example.com.