Job Title: Behavioral Health Registered Nurse
Company Name: Texas Health Resources
Location: Texas Health Arlington Memorial, 800 W. Randol Mill Road, Arlington, TX 76012
Salary Range: Min. $25.00/hr to Max.$50.40/hr – Based on relevant experience
Work Schedule: The hours will be 7am-7pm: 3 (12) shifts, rotating weekends, holidays.
• Assists with and helps coordinate patient care
• Assists with all patient care provided by the multidisciplinary team
• Encourages team members. Provides 1. Basic Human Needs – Responds to others’ priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological and social needs
• The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs by demonstrating:
• Attention to emotional, social, and self-esteem needs
• Regular assessment and maintenance of comfort
• Knowledge of basic physiology and pathophysiology
• Knowledge of human emotions during health and illness
• Knowledge of human development across the life span
• Knowledge of pain and suffering, pain interventions and pain comfort/theories
• Provides safe patient care as evidenced by
• Using barcode medication verification (BMV) during medication administrations
• Completing accurate documentation in the electronic health record
• Completing assessments accurately and in a timely manner
• Individualizing care plans specific to the needs of the patient
• Providing consistent attention to airway, intake, elimination, sleep, rest, mobility and hygiene needs
• Human Respect – Honors worth of humans through unconditional acceptance as evidenced by
• Handling of the body with care
• Demonstrating knowledge of patient rights and incorporating into daily practice
• Calling patients by their preferred name
• Demonstrating use of eye contact and physical contact appropriately
• Speaking respectfully and professionally in a soothing tone
• Appreciation of Unique Meanings – Concerned with understanding others frame of reference
Job Title: Mental Health Technician to work Full-time
Location: Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, 800 West Randol Mill Road Arlington, TX 76012
Salary range: Min. $13.37/hr to Max. $21.32/hr – based on relevant experience
Work Schedule: 36 hours weekly, Full-time Nights 7pm-7am, rotating weekends)
• Assists with and helps coordinate patient care
• Assists with all patient care provided by the multidisciplinary team.
• Encourages team members. Provides instruction to team members.
• Greets and receives patients admitting/arriving to the unit/area.
• Orients patient to surroundings, reviews safety procedures, and unit rules/guidelines while coordinating with the nurse
• Prepares patient to be discharged/transferred. Assists with gathering belongings and making sure all belongings are returned to the patient (with the exception of medication).
• Meets and exceeds the standards of care and safety
• Serves as resource in recognizing potential complications and takes action proactively by reporting to nurse
• Is proactive in addressing potential patient needs/issues and takes action to meet those needs
• Consistently monitors patient activity and collects patient data according to unit standards. Documents data legibly, per unit standard, and relays to nurse.
• Communicates any changes in patient status immediately to the nurse
• Consistently provides care as delegated by the nurse
• Conducts rounds, documents close observation rounds per unit standards, completes environment of care rounds. Reports hazards to proper department if they cannot be immediately corrected (i.e. entering work orders)
• MHT led groups performed on time
• Assist with alerting patients to group schedule and encouraging group attendance
• Proficiently identify escalating behavior/signs and symptoms in patients and immediately report to nurse
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate’s Degree Nursing Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required without a previously approved exemption. Please contact your Human Resources department for additional information or questions.
• Bachelor’s Degree Nursing preferred
• 1 year of experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required.
• Prefer behavioral health experience.
• RN – Registered Nurse Upon Hire And
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support. Upon Hire Required And
• CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training Upon Hire
• ACPI – Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training maintained annually 6 Months Required Or
• CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training. 30 Days Required And
• ACPI – Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training maintained annually 12 Months Required
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) and 1 year experience is required or
• High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) and CNA – Certified Nurse Aid certification is required or
• Associate’s Degree in a healthcare related field is required
• Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare related field is preferred
BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire required and
CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training upon hire required and
ACPI – Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training maintained annually 6 Months required or
CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 30 Days required and
ACPI – Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training maintained annually 12 months required
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/4mph4qdr387xzbvt