A Pipeline to Qualified Candidates!
Our mission is to build a coalition among businesses in New York State interested in both hiring – and building supplier diversity of businesses owned by individuals with disabilities.
Our dual goals are to inspire those individuals with disabilities to achieve their dreams through education and employment as well as to educate able-bodied individuals about the differences in ability around us.
Why Join the Our Ability – NYBLN?
Employers join the NYBLN because they want an opportunity to engage with like-minded businesses to learn how to progress in the journey toward inclusion of diverse talent who happen to have disabilities (including Veterans). Membership is open to both private and public sectors. Our programs and resources are tailored to the needs of human resources professionals, diversity and inclusion officers and EEOC directors. The recent OFCCP changes to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act make membership in NYBLN an excellent opportunity to stay abreast of the latest information with quarterly topical programming and the opportunity to network and learn from other members.
Benefits of Membership
- With your membership you will receive logo recognition on our web pages, you have the ability to have our logo/link on your site and the opportunity to join us at educational events.
- Ability to use Our Ability Connect to source job applicants and connect with candidates at virtual job fairs.
- Educate your business leadership on the economic impact of hiring individuals with disabilities.
- Network with physical disability, developmental disability and veteran communities to learn new ways to engage large groups of individuals as future employees.
- Build a coalition with nearby universities educating individuals with disabilities in support of a pathway to employment through internship.
- Recognition as a leader in supporting disability inclusion in the workplace, supply chain and marketplace.
- Influence policies created at all levels of government.
- Learn about how recent OFCCP changes to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act can impact your business
- Maximize exposure to entrepreneurs with disabilities. You will be on the forefront of disability supplier diversity.
- Network – do business with – other businesses interested in disability inclusion.
- Educational webinars & online workshops to provide timely information on important topics.
Annual Membership for 2017
Businesses over 200 Employees – $3500
Businesses under 200 Employees, New York Metropolitan Area – $2500
Businesses over 200 Employees, Upstate New York – $2500
Businesses under 200 Employees, Upstate New York – $950
Statewide Non-Profits – $950
Regional New York State Non-Profits Representing
Individuals with Disabilities (ARC’s, Etc.) – $250
Businesses Owned by Individuals with Disabilities – $250
Individual Supporters – $200