Disability as Diversity 104: Sales and Opportunity
Our Ability opens doors for organizations to explore the real possibility of doing well by doing good, that is, growing their market share, strengthening their talents base and raising engagement. When Our Ability partners with organizations to lean into the deeper sales efforts of openly exploring the harder, and sometimes uncomfortable conversations regarding disability to eliminate the fear of the unknown, or the fear of saying or doing the wrong thing, then organizations are freed to leverage the benefits of a broader talent base, and in the investment in an opportunity to create a more equitable life for all of their patients, and communities.
- John Robinson spent 20+ years in commission-only sales – high income – high earner.
- The message of Overcoming Obstacles has been utilized by sales managers all over the United States as a tool for organizational sales growth.
- As an amputee, Robinson translates challenges into sales success for you and your organization.
- A sales action plan that can be followed to include forecasting, prospecting and closing.
- Better understanding of business.
- Access to John Robinson to answer personalized questions for one year period regarding specific trainings.
- Ability to record seminars in person or webinars for use for a two-year period, with additional licensing available for five years.
Competencies / SHRM
- Sales & Business Effectiveness
- Leadership & Navigation
- Effectiveness & Development
- Diversity & Inclusion
John Robinson – Recently in March 2018, John Robinson was awarded the Capital Region Chamber Champion of the Year, in front of 1100 New York business leaders! John proudly accepted one of ten national White House Champions of Change for Disability Employment in 2014 in Washington D.C. Since 2011, he’s served as managing partner, CEO and Founder of Our Ability, which provides inclusive workforce and employment consulting, mentoring, workshops, keynotes and seminars on disability and diversity. Our Ability is building a coalition of New York State businesses interested in hiring individuals with disabilities. John currently serves as an advocate for people with disabilities with the Disability:IN NY and was the subject of “Get Off Your Knees: The John Robinson Story,” a public television documentary and autobiography.
“I left corporate America after 20 years to give back to our community of individuals with disabilities and provide new opportunities for employment.”
Our Ability, Inc. is a certified of disability-owned business enterprises (DOBEs), with the Disability:IN – (formerly the United States Business Leadership Network).